BJP sticks to demand for probe into charges against Vadra
Nagpur: Sticking to its demand for a probe into Arvind Kejriwal`s allegations on Robert Vadra`s dealings with DLF, BJP on Sunday said those involved should put forward "concrete clarification" on the charges to put an end to the issue.
"A company (DLF) which itself has a loan to the tune of Rs 22,000 crore and paying an interest of 15 per cent thereon, was extending interest-free loans worth Rs 65 crore to Vadra," BJP national spokesman Prakash Javadekar told reporters here while demanding a probe into the matter.
Asked why the party did not raise the issue earlier, he said the BJP had given notice in Parliament, but was denied permission (for discussion).
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the truth about the charges should come before the people.
"One organisation alleges irregularities and then Congress the Congress claims that nothing sort of this has happened... there will be no end to this cycle.
"The concerned parties should put forward concrete clarification on the matter to put an end to the issue. If there is an iota of truth in it, then that should be revealed to the public. It is false, then that should come out too," he said.
Meanwhile, Javadekar accused the Congress-led UPA government of not keeping its promise of holding consultations with the main Opposition parties and all state governments before bringing in FDI in retail.
"Our opposition to the FDI in retail will continue," he said.
He claimed Congress does not enjoy majority in Parliament and should not push the economic reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!