BJP strategy meet underway, key announcements likely
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A crucial meeting of the BJP’s Parliamentary Board is currently underway in the national capital. Today`s meeting is important as the previous meeting of the board held on July 4 ended inconclusively.
During today`s meeting, the parliamentary board is expected to make key announcements and reveal names of members who will work in the team led by BJP’s 2014 election campaign committee chief and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The 4th July meet of the party’s parliamentary board was attended by all top leaders of the party including LK Advani, Rajnath Singh, Sushma Swaraj, H Ananth Kumar and Arun Jaitley.
During the meeting, the Parliamentary Board expressed condolence over the loss of life in Uttarakhand and expressed concern over the manner in which relief work is going on under the state Government.
The board also announced aid of Rs 5 lakh from the BJP to the Army and ITBP personnel who lost their lives in the unfortunate copter crash in Uttarakhand.
The board also decided to hold Prarthna Sabhas on July 16 at the District and Tehsil level to express support with the people of Uttarakhand.
The members of the Parliamentary Board and other general secretaries discussed preparations for the upcoming Vidhan Sabha elections and Lok Sabha elections in great detail.
During the meeting, BJP veteran Advani gave suggestions and was receptive to suggestions mooted by others including Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
On July 16, Modi will be in Puri, Odisha, to attend the Jagannath Yatra, where he is also likely to hold a meeting with state party leaders. On July 27, he will hold a rally in Hyderabad.
Apart from Modi’s rallies, the BJP will hold conferences in all the Parliamentary seats across the country. The party will use its cadre strength to micromanage the elections by reaching each voter.
BJP is also expected to launch a vision document highlighting the achievement of the BJP-ruled states, and chargesheet of Congress-ruled states.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs