BJP suffering from "selective and collective amnesia": Cong
New Delhi: LK Advani`s remarks that the party leadership had cautioned BS Yeddyurappa facing allegations of illegal land allotment when he was Karnataka Chief Minister, Congress on Tuesday accused BJP of "selective and collective amnesia".
"Had Advani begun his anti-corruption yatra from
Karnataka, it could have given some credibility to it and
people would have then taken his claims on corruption
seriously," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary said.
She alleged BJP suffers from "selective amnesia as well
as collective amnesia" adding the party leaders are now so
"busy in the rush for power"" that "they have forgotten
whatever they have said and done earlier."
She was replying to questions on Advani`s remarks in
Nagpur admitted that "mistakes" were embarrassing the party
leadership which had cautioned the former Karnataka chief
minister on the developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead