BJP suffering from "selective and collective amnesia": Cong
New Delhi: LK Advani`s remarks that the party leadership had cautioned BS Yeddyurappa facing allegations of illegal land allotment when he was Karnataka Chief Minister, Congress on Tuesday accused BJP of "selective and collective amnesia".
"Had Advani begun his anti-corruption yatra from
Karnataka, it could have given some credibility to it and
people would have then taken his claims on corruption
seriously," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary said.
She alleged BJP suffers from "selective amnesia as well
as collective amnesia" adding the party leaders are now so
"busy in the rush for power"" that "they have forgotten
whatever they have said and done earlier."
She was replying to questions on Advani`s remarks in
Nagpur admitted that "mistakes" were embarrassing the party
leadership which had cautioned the former Karnataka chief
minister on the developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India