BJP suspends party leader who "exposed" Raghavji
Bhopal: BJP`s Madhya Pradesh unit on Saturday suspended its senior leader Shiv Shankar Pateria from the primary membership of the party, hours after he claimed he had a role in "exposing" the alleged immoral acts of Ragahvji. Ragahvji had resigned as Finance Minister after the scandal surfaced.
The party`s media in-charge Dr Hitesh Bajpai said State BJP President Narendra Singh Tomar has suspended Pateria from the party`s primary membership with immediate effect.
Pateria claimed before the media that he had motivated the victim of Raghavji`s alleged sodomy act to prepare purported CDs of the unnatural act.
He said the victim identified as Rajkumar Dangi along with an associate prepared 22 CDs including the one onboard a Rewanchal Express train.
The exposure triggered a political storm in the ruling party in an election year in the state with Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan asking Raghavji to immediately resign from the Cabinet on Friday.
Pateria, however, claimed he had role hand in the victim filing a police complaint against the former Minister.
Raghavji told reporters at his residence that things will become clear if a thorough probe is conducted in the matter.
Meanwhile, a group of Congressmen arrived at the venue where Pateria was talking to teh media to "honour" him.
The BJP leader abruptly left the place amid high drama.
Leader of Opposition in Assembly and Congress leader Ajay Singh demanded registration of a case against Raghavji under relevant sections of the IPC. He also demanded that security be provided to the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing