BJP tables notice for adjournment motion in LS
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday tabled a notice for an
adjournment motion on black money issue in Lok Sabha and demanded suspension of Question Hour in Rajya Sabha while deciding to continue its boycott of Home Minister P Chidambaram in Parliament.
These decisions were taken at the BJP Parliamentary Party
meeting which was presided over by LK Advani.
The meeting endorsed the decision taken earlier to
target Chidambaram by boycotting him and not allowing him
to speak in Parliament, holding him also responsible for the
Advani "has given notice for moving the adjournment
motion in Lok Sabha on black money issue," said Deputy leader
of BJP in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde.
The parliamentary party also decided that it finalise
the format for all NDA MPs to give their declaration about
having no foreign bank accounts and illegal money abroad
within the next two-three days and present their statements to
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid
While maintaining that the party wanted Parliament
to run smoothly, Munde said, "The responsibility for running
Parliament lies with the government."
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain also said the party
wants Parliament to run but accused the government of being
adamant on crucial issues.
All senior leaders of the party were present at the
parliamentary party meeting held in Parliament House Annexe
before the start of the second day of the Winter Session.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living