BJP tables notice for adjournment motion in LS
New Delhi: BJP on Wednesday tabled a notice for an
adjournment motion on black money issue in Lok Sabha and demanded suspension of Question Hour in Rajya Sabha while deciding to continue its boycott of Home Minister P Chidambaram in Parliament.
These decisions were taken at the BJP Parliamentary Party
meeting which was presided over by LK Advani.
The meeting endorsed the decision taken earlier to
target Chidambaram by boycotting him and not allowing him
to speak in Parliament, holding him also responsible for the
Advani "has given notice for moving the adjournment
motion in Lok Sabha on black money issue," said Deputy leader
of BJP in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde.
The parliamentary party also decided that it finalise
the format for all NDA MPs to give their declaration about
having no foreign bank accounts and illegal money abroad
within the next two-three days and present their statements to
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid
While maintaining that the party wanted Parliament
to run smoothly, Munde said, "The responsibility for running
Parliament lies with the government."
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain also said the party
wants Parliament to run but accused the government of being
adamant on crucial issues.
All senior leaders of the party were present at the
parliamentary party meeting held in Parliament House Annexe
before the start of the second day of the Winter Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?