BJP takes no chances with security at Indore conclave
Indore: With intelligence inputs that its
national meet could be a possible terror target after the Pune
blast, BJP is not taking any chances about the security of its
senior leaders - many of whom face threats from terrorists and
Senior BJP leaders, top police officers and bureaucrats of
the Madhya Pradesh government and intelligence officials
discussed threadbare all issues related to the security at the
90-acre venue of the three day conclave starting tomorrow.
Around 1,300 tents, including 25 VVIP tents for the senior
most party leaders, have been put up.
"Several police personnel are being deployed in and around
the venue in plainclothes to keep a watchful eye," said a
senior BJP leader.
More than a dozen watch towers have already been set up
for making the venue safe.
CCTV cameras have been installed all over the area while
passes are being issued even to workers to prevent any
intruders from sneaking inside.
Metal detectors and several check-points have come up at
the venue. "There is a concern about security here but there
is nothing to worry about it," BJP general secretary Ananth
Kumar and party vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi were
rushed to Indore yesterday to take stock of the preparations
with special emphasis on security after reports came in that
terrorists may strike in Delhi, Kanpur or at Indore in the
wake of the blast in German Bakery at Pune on Saturday.
The Central intelligence agencies and the state and local
units are working in co-ordination to pre-empt any untoward
incident, an official at the venue said.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan is
closely monitoring all arrangements.
kept ready a helicopter, 1,200 police personnel, hostage
reaction teams and anti-sabotage squads for bomb detection.
A `Close Protection Group` to act as a quick reaction team
has been put in place with 50 commandos, while an armoured
vehicle and commandos of Special Task Force have been
stationed to deal with any hostage situation.
A chopper is on stand-by at the Kushabhau Thakre Nagar,
which is the venue for the three-day conclave starting on
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!