BJP tally would have been lesser had JD(U) snapped ties in 2010: Digvijay
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said on Sunday that had senior JD(U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar shown the courage of breaking alliance with BJP in 2010, the saffron party would not have won so many seats in that state.
"We are not concerned with what JD(U) or NDA is doing. But had Nitish taken this courageous decision of parting ways with the BJP in 2010, then the BJP could not have won so many seats in Bihar, which it has right now," Singh told reporters.
He also supported Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi over his statement made in Srinagar yesterday that any decision on inviting JD(U) in the UPA will be taken by the senior party leaders.
"These are internal matters of the Congress party.Frankly, these decisions are not made by me. These decisions are made by senior leaders of the Congress party. So it is not for me to give invitations to anyone," Gandhi had said.
On the possibility of emergence of a Third Front in view of the changing political scenario in the country, Digvijay Singh said, "Third Front had never succeeded in the country.In any case, it is the body that controls the tail and not vice-versa."
"I don`t think it is possible for the parties having 25-30 seats to form a government and run it successfully," Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?