BJP targets Dikshit Govt on scrap mkt fire, radiation issue
New Delhi: Charging the Delhi government
with "incompetence" in handling a major fire at a plastic
scrap market and the leak of radioactive material in the
national capital, BJP today alleged both incidents "exposed"
its failure in handling emergency situations.
"It took almost a week to detect the radioactive
leak in Mayapuri area. Experts from Mumbai had to be called to
find the cause of the radiation. The incident exposed the poor
response in dealing with such incidents," senior BJP leader V
K Malhotra said.
Claiming that "no proper disaster management mechanism
is in place in the city", he also demanded a thorough probe to
find out how the radioactive material had made its way to the
scrap dealer`s shop.
He also criticised the government for yesterday`s fire
at a plastic scrap market in north-west Delhi that engulfed an
area more than one-km long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Ahead of his Una visit, Kejriwal urges all communities to come together against Gujarat's BJP
- Female birds call the shots to break-up
- My father cut me off when I was 18: Sonam Kapoor
- Explore new friends on 'Tinder Social' in India now
- Bhagwant Mann posts video of security pickets on way to Parliament; MPs attack AAP lawmaker