BJP targets Dikshit Govt on scrap mkt fire, radiation issue
New Delhi: Charging the Delhi government
with "incompetence" in handling a major fire at a plastic
scrap market and the leak of radioactive material in the
national capital, BJP today alleged both incidents "exposed"
its failure in handling emergency situations.
"It took almost a week to detect the radioactive
leak in Mayapuri area. Experts from Mumbai had to be called to
find the cause of the radiation. The incident exposed the poor
response in dealing with such incidents," senior BJP leader V
K Malhotra said.
Claiming that "no proper disaster management mechanism
is in place in the city", he also demanded a thorough probe to
find out how the radioactive material had made its way to the
scrap dealer`s shop.
He also criticised the government for yesterday`s fire
at a plastic scrap market in north-west Delhi that engulfed an
area more than one-km long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened