BJP targets Dikshit Govt on scrap mkt fire, radiation issue
New Delhi: Charging the Delhi government
with "incompetence" in handling a major fire at a plastic
scrap market and the leak of radioactive material in the
national capital, BJP today alleged both incidents "exposed"
its failure in handling emergency situations.
"It took almost a week to detect the radioactive
leak in Mayapuri area. Experts from Mumbai had to be called to
find the cause of the radiation. The incident exposed the poor
response in dealing with such incidents," senior BJP leader V
K Malhotra said.
Claiming that "no proper disaster management mechanism
is in place in the city", he also demanded a thorough probe to
find out how the radioactive material had made its way to the
scrap dealer`s shop.
He also criticised the government for yesterday`s fire
at a plastic scrap market in north-west Delhi that engulfed an
area more than one-km long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery