BJP targets Dikshit Govt on scrap mkt fire, radiation issue
New Delhi: Charging the Delhi government
with "incompetence" in handling a major fire at a plastic
scrap market and the leak of radioactive material in the
national capital, BJP today alleged both incidents "exposed"
its failure in handling emergency situations.
"It took almost a week to detect the radioactive
leak in Mayapuri area. Experts from Mumbai had to be called to
find the cause of the radiation. The incident exposed the poor
response in dealing with such incidents," senior BJP leader V
K Malhotra said.
Claiming that "no proper disaster management mechanism
is in place in the city", he also demanded a thorough probe to
find out how the radioactive material had made its way to the
scrap dealer`s shop.
He also criticised the government for yesterday`s fire
at a plastic scrap market in north-west Delhi that engulfed an
area more than one-km long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?