BJP targets Dikshit Govt on scrap mkt fire, radiation issue
New Delhi: Charging the Delhi government
with "incompetence" in handling a major fire at a plastic
scrap market and the leak of radioactive material in the
national capital, BJP today alleged both incidents "exposed"
its failure in handling emergency situations.
"It took almost a week to detect the radioactive
leak in Mayapuri area. Experts from Mumbai had to be called to
find the cause of the radiation. The incident exposed the poor
response in dealing with such incidents," senior BJP leader V
K Malhotra said.
Claiming that "no proper disaster management mechanism
is in place in the city", he also demanded a thorough probe to
find out how the radioactive material had made its way to the
scrap dealer`s shop.
He also criticised the government for yesterday`s fire
at a plastic scrap market in north-west Delhi that engulfed an
area more than one-km long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days