BJP targets PM for ‘conspiracy against aam aadmi’
New Delhi: Targeting Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh, the main Opposition BJP on Tuesday lashed out at the
Government stating it suffers from "deficit" in leadership,
integrity and competence.
Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley
charged the government with all-round failure, describing high
inflation as "conspiracy against Aam Aadmi".
"India has never had it so bad in terms of governance.
Today you have a government which for the past three years
cannot control prices, it cannot provide this country either
with the decision-making or with honest governance," he said,
participating in the Motion of Thanks to the President for her
address to Parliament.
Referring to Home Minister P Chidambaram`s remarks at the
recent meeting of the World Economic Forum at Davos
(Switzerland) that there was a governance deficit in the
country, Jaitley said there is a trust deficit between the
government and the people.
There is a also a gap between the party in power and the
government itself, he said.
"This country deserves much better than what we are
getting in governance," he said.
Targeting the Prime Minister on high inflation, Jaitley
asked, "What is the use of your being a distinguished
Despite being an honest man, Singh "leads one of the
most dishonest governments...what is the use of personal
integrity?" Jaitley posed.
Questioning the Prime Minister for remaining "silent" for
three years over the 2G spectrum scam, he said in his recent
media interaction that Singh sought to distance himself from
the "rot". He described it as "abandonment of collective
leadership and responsibility".
Blaming the parallel power centres in the government and
the main ruling party, Jaitley said much damage has been done
to the image of the country. Besides, corruption index was
"Mirror seems to be cracking. It is very difficult to
join...," he said adding that Singh`s government would be
judged by the footprints of bold actions that it leaves
But if the Prime Minister would like his government to be
judged only by the number of years it lasts, then it would
become a "footnote in history".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says