BJP terms Cong `no work no pay` plea as diversionary tactic
New Delhi: BJP on Friday dismissed Congress` "no work no pay" proposal for Parliament as a "diversionary tactic" and termed the opposition agitation on the issue of
scams as a "struggle to save democracy".
"It is a sheer diversionary tactic by the Congress to say no work no pay. We demand JPC (on scams) and we will not relent until JPC is announced," BJP spokesperson Prakash
Javadekar told reporters outside Parliament.
Congress MPs are demanding that members should forego daily allowances for not being able to attend Parliament due to disruptions. The bedlam over JPC demand continued for the 11th day in Parliament which could not transact any business.
Javadekar said "the fight is to save democracy and it is quite democratic." Hitting back at Congress, he said "the TA/DA should be recovered from the Congress party."
However, asked about the issue of Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, who was allowed by BJP to continue in office despite allegations of nepotism, Javadekar tried to
skirt it by saying that the issue "here is not Yeddyurappa but JPC and we will not allow House to function until JPC is announced."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming