BJP threatens to block Budget Session if Shinde is not sacked
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday threatened to block proceedings in the upcoming Budget Session of Parliament if Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was not sacked over his controversial ‘Hindu terror’ remark.
BJP president Rajnath Singh said Shinde would have to go because his remark has caused nationwide outrage. He was addressing party supporters at Jantar Mantar here.
“Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh must apologise for the Home Minister’s chaotic remark. Sonia Gandhi will have to come out and clarify Shinde’s statement. We will not let the upcoming parliament session function if Shinde is not sacked,” said Singh.
“BJP doesn’t discriminate anyone or do politics on the basis of caste, race and religion. But Congress is doing dirty votebank politics. The Home Minister’s remark has hurt the sentiments of the patriotic people of the country,” he added.
Shinde had made the controversial remark on the final day of the Congress Party’s Chintan Shivir in Jaipur. He had accused the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of holding terror-training camps and promoting “Hindu terrorism” in the country.
The statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS.
Shinde refused to comment on Thursday when asked about the BJP’s nationwide protests against his remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day