BJP threatens to block Budget Session if Shinde is not sacked
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday threatened to block proceedings in the upcoming Budget Session of Parliament if Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde was not sacked over his controversial ‘Hindu terror’ remark.
BJP president Rajnath Singh said Shinde would have to go because his remark has caused nationwide outrage. He was addressing party supporters at Jantar Mantar here.
“Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh must apologise for the Home Minister’s chaotic remark. Sonia Gandhi will have to come out and clarify Shinde’s statement. We will not let the upcoming parliament session function if Shinde is not sacked,” said Singh.
“BJP doesn’t discriminate anyone or do politics on the basis of caste, race and religion. But Congress is doing dirty votebank politics. The Home Minister’s remark has hurt the sentiments of the patriotic people of the country,” he added.
Shinde had made the controversial remark on the final day of the Congress Party’s Chintan Shivir in Jaipur. He had accused the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of holding terror-training camps and promoting “Hindu terrorism” in the country.
The statement immediately invited condemnation from both the BJP and the RSS.
Shinde refused to comment on Thursday when asked about the BJP’s nationwide protests against his remarks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents