BJP, TMC to protest against hike in diesel prices
New Delhi: The Delhi unit of BJP will stage a demonstration at Jantar Mantar on Saturday demanding withdrawal of hike in price of diesel and cap on cooking gas cylinders.
Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta alleged that the government had made life of people difficult due to price rise and the increase in price of diesel has broken common man`s back.
Reacting to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s comment that "we live in the 21st century, so rise in price is justified", Gupta asked, "Does living in the 21st century means that the government has the right to loot and people don`t have right to live."
Meanwhile, UPA ally Trinamool Comgress will also hold a rally in Kolkata to oppose the hike in diesel price and cap on LPG cylinders.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what