BJP, TMC to protest against hike in diesel prices
New Delhi: The Delhi unit of BJP will stage a demonstration at Jantar Mantar on Saturday demanding withdrawal of hike in price of diesel and cap on cooking gas cylinders.
Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta alleged that the government had made life of people difficult due to price rise and the increase in price of diesel has broken common man`s back.
Reacting to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s comment that "we live in the 21st century, so rise in price is justified", Gupta asked, "Does living in the 21st century means that the government has the right to loot and people don`t have right to live."
Meanwhile, UPA ally Trinamool Comgress will also hold a rally in Kolkata to oppose the hike in diesel price and cap on LPG cylinders.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days