BJP, TMC to protest against hike in diesel prices
New Delhi: The Delhi unit of BJP will stage a demonstration at Jantar Mantar on Saturday demanding withdrawal of hike in price of diesel and cap on cooking gas cylinders.
Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta alleged that the government had made life of people difficult due to price rise and the increase in price of diesel has broken common man`s back.
Reacting to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s comment that "we live in the 21st century, so rise in price is justified", Gupta asked, "Does living in the 21st century means that the government has the right to loot and people don`t have right to live."
Meanwhile, UPA ally Trinamool Comgress will also hold a rally in Kolkata to oppose the hike in diesel price and cap on LPG cylinders.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed