BJP, TMC to protest against hike in diesel prices
New Delhi: The Delhi unit of BJP will stage a demonstration at Jantar Mantar on Saturday demanding withdrawal of hike in price of diesel and cap on cooking gas cylinders.
Delhi BJP president Vijender Gupta alleged that the government had made life of people difficult due to price rise and the increase in price of diesel has broken common man`s back.
Reacting to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s comment that "we live in the 21st century, so rise in price is justified", Gupta asked, "Does living in the 21st century means that the government has the right to loot and people don`t have right to live."
Meanwhile, UPA ally Trinamool Comgress will also hold a rally in Kolkata to oppose the hike in diesel price and cap on LPG cylinders.
(With PTI inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed