BJP to accept nothing less than total rollback in
New Delhi: Describing the petrol price roll back as a "fraud" with the people, BJP on Saturday said nothing less than a total rollback was acceptable and questioned the UPA allies whether they were satisfied with the partial reduction of fuel price.
"The actual quantum of rise in petrol price is still Rs 6. We shall not accept anything less than a complete rollback or the government will have to face consequences of their action," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
"This is fraud and cheating with the people of the country. BJP is going to fight it out on the streets along with the people of the country," he said.
Rudy said the BJP would pose this big question to the Congress allies in UPA that whether this meagre reduction in petrol price was acceptable to them.
"We would like to seek a clarification from the UPA allies that they are accepting Rs 1.68 reduction in price hike...Are they worth this much that the government fulfills their demand by reducing this much? The UPA allies of Congress will have to give this clarification to the people," he said.
BJP also attacked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who despite being a renowned economist, has failed to control price, inflation or corruption in the country even while holding the PM`s office for the last eight years.
"There is no control on price rise, inflation or corruption or any effect on investment," he said.
"We are not going to accept anything than a complete rollback...They cannot hoodwink, it`s a hogwash, it`s a betrayal, it`s trying to cheat the people as if the people of this country, the middle class, does not understand mathematics. Government will have to face severe consequences for this cheating with people of this country," he said.
Rudy said while prices of imported crude has stabilised in the world market, but "here is a government which is trying to mislead, trying to take credit of an unworthy action, by trying to cheat the people by reducing the price by Rs 1.68 but at the same time imposing a hike of Rs 6. It is totally unacceptable to the BJP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'