BJP to demand apology in Parliament for saffron terror remark
Kolkata: BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Saturday said his party would raise the saffron terror remark of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde in Parliament and demand an apology from ministers and MPs who used it.
"The government has to make it crystal clear that saffron is in no way related to terror. We will raise this matter in Parliament," Joshi told reporters here.
"We the BJP believe that terrorism has no colour. And, saffron can never be the colour of terrorism. Ministers and MPs of the government are saying saffron terrorism, they should know that national flag of our country also has saffron colour," he said.
"So are they trying to say that wherever the national flag goes there is terror? They have insulted our national flag and the people of this country. They have to apologise to the nation," he said.
He also claimed that the government used the saffron terror remark to divert attention from its "failures and scams".
"They have put several people behind bars in the name of saffron terror. If they have the proof then let the government present them before the court. But the government doesn`t have any proof," he added.
Shinde’s remarks at the AICC meeting at Jaipur last month accusing BJP and RSS of conducting terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism" set off an angry reaction from the saffron parties.
Shinde, who is also Leader of the Lok Sabha, has already stated that he and the Congress believe terrorism has no colour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?
- NIA officer Tanzil Ahmed murder case: Prime accused Muneer nabbed by UP STF
- 7th Pay Commission: Implementation soon! Cabinet to decide on final report tomorrow
- PM Narendra Modi pays tribute to Narasimha Rao on his 95th birth anniversary
- Wanted gangster Kumar Pillai, held in Singapore, extradited to Mumbai