BJP to discuss Liberhan Commission report in Parliament
Ranchi: The BJP on Sunday said senior party leaders would extensively debate on the Liberhan Commission report in Parliament and would not like to speak on the issue outside the House.
"Our party leaders will speak on the report in Parliament. I will also take part in the discussions," BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said when asked to comment on the Babri Mosque demolition on its 17th anniversary today and how committed was the BJP to build a temple there.
"I don`t want the issue to be hijacked," she said when pressed for a reply at a news conference here. BJP president Rajnath Singh is also one of the speakers in the house.
The debate has been scheduled in the background of the Commission indicting top BJP leaders for the demolition of Babri Mosque on December 6, 1992.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack