BJP to discuss Liberhan Commission report in Parliament
Ranchi: The BJP on Sunday said senior party leaders would extensively debate on the Liberhan Commission report in Parliament and would not like to speak on the issue outside the House.
"Our party leaders will speak on the report in Parliament. I will also take part in the discussions," BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said when asked to comment on the Babri Mosque demolition on its 17th anniversary today and how committed was the BJP to build a temple there.
"I don`t want the issue to be hijacked," she said when pressed for a reply at a news conference here. BJP president Rajnath Singh is also one of the speakers in the house.
The debate has been scheduled in the background of the Commission indicting top BJP leaders for the demolition of Babri Mosque on December 6, 1992.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases