BJP to discuss Liberhan Commission report in Parliament
Ranchi: The BJP on Sunday said senior party leaders would extensively debate on the Liberhan Commission report in Parliament and would not like to speak on the issue outside the House.
"Our party leaders will speak on the report in Parliament. I will also take part in the discussions," BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said when asked to comment on the Babri Mosque demolition on its 17th anniversary today and how committed was the BJP to build a temple there.
"I don`t want the issue to be hijacked," she said when pressed for a reply at a news conference here. BJP president Rajnath Singh is also one of the speakers in the house.
The debate has been scheduled in the background of the Commission indicting top BJP leaders for the demolition of Babri Mosque on December 6, 1992.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?