BJP to discuss Liberhan Commission report in Parliament
Ranchi: The BJP on Sunday said senior party leaders would extensively debate on the Liberhan Commission report in Parliament and would not like to speak on the issue outside the House.
"Our party leaders will speak on the report in Parliament. I will also take part in the discussions," BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said when asked to comment on the Babri Mosque demolition on its 17th anniversary today and how committed was the BJP to build a temple there.
"I don`t want the issue to be hijacked," she said when pressed for a reply at a news conference here. BJP president Rajnath Singh is also one of the speakers in the house.
The debate has been scheduled in the background of the Commission indicting top BJP leaders for the demolition of Babri Mosque on December 6, 1992.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter