BJP to discuss `Third Front` issue with NDA allies
New Delhi: Amid talk of a possible
realignment of parties for formation of a Third Front, BJP
on Sunday said it may discuss the issue with its NDA allies.
NDA ally JD(U), TMC, AIADMK and BJD have come on the same
platform in opposing policies of the central government like
formation of NCTC, more powers to the centre in RPF among
This has led to speculation that such like-minded parties
may come together to form a Third Front.
After a meeting of the BJP Parliamentary Party Executive,
its senior leader SS Ahluwalia said such a suggestion could
be discussed in NDA meeting.
"If there is any such suggestion, we will discuss it there
(NDA meeeting)," he said when asked to comment on Nitish
Kumar`s suggestion to expand the NDA and the possibility of
the emergence of a Third Front.
On the invitation by its ally Shiromani Akali Dal to
Trinamool Congress for the swearing-in ceremony in Punjab,
Ahluwalia said, "Prakash Singh Badal has registered a historic
win and he has invited all his non-Congress friends. This
initiative was taken by him and we welcome the decision of
some people who have accepted this invite."
When asked about an article in RSS mouthpiece
`Panchjanya` suggesting that BJP had more leaders than workers
on ground, he said, "I have also heard the Congress president
saying something like that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials