BJP to focus on women, youth in poll campaign
Panaji: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will focus on the youth and women in its campaign for the next general elections, party president Rajnath Singh said on Saturday.
In his inaugural address at the national executive meet here, the BJP president said the issue of atrocities against women would be focused upon in the party`s campaign.
"In the last few months, many incidents of atrocities against women have come to light. Those problems can just not be addressed by merely changing the law, but by also working to change the mindset of the people and the social arrangement. The BJP will include this in its political campaign," Rajnath Singh said.
He also stressed on using social media for reaching out the youth.
"Social media is in itself one of the biggest driving forces of globalisation. In today`s world, its importance has surpassed social and national boundaries. The national executive meeting will deliberate upon how social media can be effectively harnessed to connect with the youth," he said.
The idea of using social media to reach out to youth had earlier been pitched by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore