BJP to focus on women, youth in poll campaign
Panaji: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will focus on the youth and women in its campaign for the next general elections, party president Rajnath Singh said on Saturday.
In his inaugural address at the national executive meet here, the BJP president said the issue of atrocities against women would be focused upon in the party`s campaign.
"In the last few months, many incidents of atrocities against women have come to light. Those problems can just not be addressed by merely changing the law, but by also working to change the mindset of the people and the social arrangement. The BJP will include this in its political campaign," Rajnath Singh said.
He also stressed on using social media for reaching out the youth.
"Social media is in itself one of the biggest driving forces of globalisation. In today`s world, its importance has surpassed social and national boundaries. The national executive meeting will deliberate upon how social media can be effectively harnessed to connect with the youth," he said.
The idea of using social media to reach out to youth had earlier been pitched by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US naval ship fired warning shots at Iranian vessel: official
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America
- Israel rejects UN appeal to release Gaza employee