BJP to get 200 seats in next elections, claims Gadkari
Washington: Major scams like 2G, CWG
games, Adarsh housing and Bofors will sink the ruling UPA
alliance, according to BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, who has
claimed that Indians have stashed a whopping Rs 22 lakh crore
in foreign banks.
Asserting that BJP is aggressively pursuing the issue,
Gadkari said that it was a must to get huge illegal amounts
repatriated from all safe havens outside India.
Accusing UPA of not showing seriousness in tackling
institutionalised corruption, Gadkari told members of the
Overseas Friends of BJP in a teleconference that the issue of
illegal foreign bank accounts and scams would prove the doom
of the ruling alliance and pave the way for NDA`s return to
power in next general elections.
He said by itself BJP would bag over 200 seats.
The first of its kind audio address to OFBJP members
was listened by some 500 people from the US, Canada, Caribbean
Island, Germany, Britain, Australia, New Zealand and the
Gadkari in his address to his overseas support base
said that the BJP is preparing a Vision 2025 document.
He said that inaction against the principal
perpetrators in many scandals like 2G, Common wealth games,
Adarsh society and Bofors has shown that the UPA is not
serious about tackling institutionalized corruption.
"The year of 2010 had unfortunately become the year
of scams and scandals under the UPA," he said.
Gadkari alleged that the UPA Government does not want
to release the names of the account holders who have stashed
away the country`s money in foreign tax heavens.
This money belonged to the Indian people and must be
brought back, he demanded.
It is estimated that Rs 22 lakh crore rupees are in
foreign banks, he said.
Responding to question related to the future of
Kashmiri Pandits, Gadkari expressed a lot of concern over
their sad plight.
The BJP is planning to appeal to Human Rights
Commission in this matter, he said.
Gadkari promised that the BJP is monitoring the
situation proactively and have been following up in the
Supreme Court in this regard.
He said that the BJP is disappointed with the J&K
govt for discriminating the Jammu and Ladakh area.
Gadkari promised that the BJP ruled state may consider
the suggestion of passing a resolution concerning the Kashmiri
Pandits, the press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security