BJP to hold more Modi rallies in South India
New Delhi: Buoyed by the "success" of the recent rally of its star campaigner Narendra Modi at Hyderabad, BJP is planning to hold more public meetings of the Gujarat Chief Minister in the southern states to reach out to the people there.
The rally was "very successful" in Hyderabad, where over one lakh people had come to listen to Modi, BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told reporters on the sidelines of a meeting of the party`s Central leadership with the state unit presidents and organisation general secretaries.
The party is planning to hold more rallies of Modi in southern parts of the country, he said, adding that one would be held in Tamil Nadu soon.
The Hyderabad rally of Modi held on August 11 was also discussed during the meeting today, he said.
BJP is also planning to hold a rally of Modi in Jaipur on September 9 where he would address a gathering at the conclusion of the `Suraaj Sankalp Yatra` undertaken by former state Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje Scindia, Naidu said.
BJP has also decided that it will hold `Lok Sabha sammelans` in all the parliamentary constituencies to garner support for itself, he said.
The plan is to hold these meetings by the end of September-October as the elections could be held at any point of time and the party should remain prepared, Naidu said.
The broad theme of the discussion during today`s meeting was to carry out an all out attack against the Congress and its government and be prepared for the elections, the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter