BJP to hold more Modi rallies in South India
New Delhi: Buoyed by the "success" of the recent rally of its star campaigner Narendra Modi at Hyderabad, BJP is planning to hold more public meetings of the Gujarat Chief Minister in the southern states to reach out to the people there.
The rally was "very successful" in Hyderabad, where over one lakh people had come to listen to Modi, BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu told reporters on the sidelines of a meeting of the party`s Central leadership with the state unit presidents and organisation general secretaries.
The party is planning to hold more rallies of Modi in southern parts of the country, he said, adding that one would be held in Tamil Nadu soon.
The Hyderabad rally of Modi held on August 11 was also discussed during the meeting today, he said.
BJP is also planning to hold a rally of Modi in Jaipur on September 9 where he would address a gathering at the conclusion of the `Suraaj Sankalp Yatra` undertaken by former state Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje Scindia, Naidu said.
BJP has also decided that it will hold `Lok Sabha sammelans` in all the parliamentary constituencies to garner support for itself, he said.
The plan is to hold these meetings by the end of September-October as the elections could be held at any point of time and the party should remain prepared, Naidu said.
The broad theme of the discussion during today`s meeting was to carry out an all out attack against the Congress and its government and be prepared for the elections, the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen