BJP to hold nation-wide protests against scams in UPA
New Delhi: After cornering the government in Parliament on corruption during the Budget session, BJP will now take to the streets on May 4 and 5 by holding country-wide programmes and demonstrations to "expose" the scams and graft in the UPA dispensation.
These protests will be organised to unmask "misuse of constitutional institutions to cover-up scams, corruption and sins of the Congress", BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
Though several senior partymen will lead the march on May 4 and 5, names of L K Advani, party chief Rajnath Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley and BJP Chief Ministers are conspicuous from the list of leaders.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, whose resignation BJP has been demanding in Parliament for his alleged role in the coal scam, will be the prime target of the party, he said.
"The Prime Minister has become the guardian of sins and Congress a caucus of corruption. Every corruption, scam and loot of public money is being done under the guardianship of the Prime Minister by the Congress with impunity," Naqvi said.
He alleged that all loots and scams have the consent of Sonia Gandhi and Manmohan Singh.
But these corrupt acts of the government have now been exposed, the BJP leader claimed.
"The country is under a heavy debt burden of Rs 20.6 lakh crore. The economist Prime Minister has proved to be a debt specialist," he said.
Several scams, loot of public money and hoarding of black money have impacted the Indian economy, Naqvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery