BJP to hold nationwide agitation against UPA govt
Panaji: Alleging that the UPA rule has done "maximum damage" to the country, BJP on Sunday said it would hold a nationwide `jail bharo` agitation from June 17 against the government for its "failure" on all fronts including checking corruption and price rise.
Announcing the decision at a press conference here, BJP spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain said, "BJP will launch a jail bharo andolan from June 17 to June 22."
The agitation was planned on May 27 to June 2 but was postponed in the wake of the Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh on May 25.
Speaking about the decision at the party`s National Executive meeting, Hussain said the agitation is being organised against price rise and corruption under the UPA rule.
Attacking the UPA, he said Government is divided between the Prime Minister`s Office and 10 Janpath (Residence of Sonia Gandhi) and it has cost the nation dearly.
"Four years of UPA rule will be a blackmark on the chapters of Indian History. It has afflicted maximum damage to the country. Economy is in a bad shape. This government is a failure. Congress has no right to celebrate its four years of rule. It should apologise to the people for misrule," Hussain told reporters.
"There are two power centres in the government. Manmohan Singh`s Cabinet and Sonia Gandhi`s Cabinet. The country cannot tolerate this. Language of democracy is being destroyed because of the power struggle. ...We want relief from Congress misrule. Government is too weak to take decisions," he said.
The BJP is the only "ray of hope" in the prevailing "darkness" in the country, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'