BJP to launch agitation next week against corruption
New Delhi: Seeking to target Congress on the issue of corruption and price rise, BJP will launch a fortnight-long `jail bharo` agitation across the country from next week.
"BJP will organise jail bharo aandolan on a massive scale throughout the country against scams, corruption, price rise and misuse of constitutional institutions by the Centre under which people in large number will stage satyagraha and court arrest in all districts and state headquarters between June 17 and June 30," party Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
He said to mark the anniversary of the imposition of Emergency in 1975, senior leaders, including party chief Rajnath Singh, Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and former BJP presidents M M Joshi and Nitin Gadkari, will participate in the agitation on June 25 and 26.
"The manner in which Congress is using constitutional institutions, agencies against its political opponents even today and the manner in which it is attacking democratic, constitutional and parliamentary values is refreshing the memories of black Congress of Emergency," he said.
Naqvi alleged that corruption, loot of public money and scams have topped the agenda of the UPA government during its nearly decade-long rule.
"Despite all this, Congress is celebrating its achievements as Bharat Nirman. Instead, it should be called bhrastachar nirman," he said.
Naqvi said except Chief Ministers and state ministers of BJP-ruled states, party`s state in-charges, MPs and MLAs will participate in the agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days