BJP to launch agitation next week against corruption
New Delhi: Seeking to target Congress on the issue of corruption and price rise, BJP will launch a fortnight-long `jail bharo` agitation across the country from next week.
"BJP will organise jail bharo aandolan on a massive scale throughout the country against scams, corruption, price rise and misuse of constitutional institutions by the Centre under which people in large number will stage satyagraha and court arrest in all districts and state headquarters between June 17 and June 30," party Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
He said to mark the anniversary of the imposition of Emergency in 1975, senior leaders, including party chief Rajnath Singh, Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and former BJP presidents M M Joshi and Nitin Gadkari, will participate in the agitation on June 25 and 26.
"The manner in which Congress is using constitutional institutions, agencies against its political opponents even today and the manner in which it is attacking democratic, constitutional and parliamentary values is refreshing the memories of black Congress of Emergency," he said.
Naqvi alleged that corruption, loot of public money and scams have topped the agenda of the UPA government during its nearly decade-long rule.
"Despite all this, Congress is celebrating its achievements as Bharat Nirman. Instead, it should be called bhrastachar nirman," he said.
Naqvi said except Chief Ministers and state ministers of BJP-ruled states, party`s state in-charges, MPs and MLAs will participate in the agitation.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success