BJP to move privilege motion against Azad
New Delhi: BJP on Monday alleged that Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad had placed wrong facts in the Lok Sabha on 15 occasions in the last three years and insisted it will move a Privilege Motion against him for "misleading" the House.
BJP MP from West Champaran Sanjay Jaiswal told reporters that Azad has been misleading the House for the past three years on issues ranging from teaching experience of two doctors, number of medical colleges established this year, increase in post-graduate seats, teacher-student ratio, retirement age of faculty, number of laboratories and so on.
Enlisting 15 instances where Azad had "lied" to the House, Jaiswal said he will move a Privilege Motion against the minister.
"It is amply evident that the Hon`ble minister has gravely misled this august House. He has claimed credit for himself and the so called "undemocratic" set-up under the aegis of the Board of Governors for those tasks which have in fact been performed by the erstwhile MCI when it was a representative body," Jaiswal said.
He claimed that in some of these instances the task was completed even before UPA II government was formed.
"This also has to be compared with the fact that MCI had recommended these amendments to the Central government long back in 2004 and the approval from the Central government was delayed and was granted only in 2008-09. Had it been granted earlier, they would have been given effect even earlier. He has also provided wrong information to this august House," Jaiswal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued