BJP to move privilege motion against Azad
New Delhi: BJP on Monday alleged that Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad had placed wrong facts in the Lok Sabha on 15 occasions in the last three years and insisted it will move a Privilege Motion against him for "misleading" the House.
BJP MP from West Champaran Sanjay Jaiswal told reporters that Azad has been misleading the House for the past three years on issues ranging from teaching experience of two doctors, number of medical colleges established this year, increase in post-graduate seats, teacher-student ratio, retirement age of faculty, number of laboratories and so on.
Enlisting 15 instances where Azad had "lied" to the House, Jaiswal said he will move a Privilege Motion against the minister.
"It is amply evident that the Hon`ble minister has gravely misled this august House. He has claimed credit for himself and the so called "undemocratic" set-up under the aegis of the Board of Governors for those tasks which have in fact been performed by the erstwhile MCI when it was a representative body," Jaiswal said.
He claimed that in some of these instances the task was completed even before UPA II government was formed.
"This also has to be compared with the fact that MCI had recommended these amendments to the Central government long back in 2004 and the approval from the Central government was delayed and was granted only in 2008-09. Had it been granted earlier, they would have been given effect even earlier. He has also provided wrong information to this august House," Jaiswal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing