BJP to press for FDI debate in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: The BJP on Thursday accused the UPA government of "double standards" by allowing a debate with voting on FDI in retail in the Lok Sabha but not in the Rajya Sabha.
Bharatiya Janata Party spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said his party would stick to its demand for debate with voting in the Upper House as well.
"This is double standards... They have allowed debate in the Lok Sabha but not in Rajya Sabha. They know they don`t have the numbers (in the Upper House), so they are trying to escape.”
"The BJP will stick to its demand for a debate with voting in the Rajya Sabha as well," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan