BJP to raise Assam violence, coalgate in Parl
New Delhi: Communal violence in Assam, alleged spectrum and coal bloc allocation scams, rising prices are some of the issues BJP plans to raise seeking to corner the government in the coming monsoon session of Parliament.
The Executive Committee of BJP`s Parliamentary Party met here today to discuss the strategy for the monsoon session which begins on August 8.
"In the coming session of parliament, BJP will be raising issues of general public concern such as the communal violence in Assam and "rapid corruption" unfolding as far as UPA government is concerned in relation to coal bloc allocation scam, spectrum allocation scam etc.," party spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here after the meeting.
He said the party has decided to raise Assam clashes on the very first day of the session, contending the violence has not stopped as yet.
Referring to the recent GoM decision on fixing the base price of spectrum at Rs 14,000 crore despite a slump in telecom sector, Prasad said this reflects the fact Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal`s assertion that there was no loss in allocation of 2G spectrum was "illogical".
"The loss estimated by CAG at Rs 1.76 lakh crore was correct," he said, adding "you deliberately caused a loss to the nation despite the recommendations of the officials" when the sector was booming.
Similarly, he said the party will be flag the issue of coal block allocation and the Aircel-Maxis deal, on which new Finance Minister P Chidambaram is expected to reply during the session.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!