BJP to raise coal issue in Parliament
New Delhi: The issue of alleged vetting of a CBI report on coal scam is set to be raised in Parliament by BJP which on Saturday dubbed the government as "rogue" and alleged it is not allowing the investigating agency to function independently.
"This is a big issue which would be raised in the coming session of Parliament," said Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
Parliament will meet on April 22 after a month-long recess.
"Coal block allocation scam was more important unlike CWG and 2G scams, in which Prime Minister was indirectly responsible. But in coal scam, the Prime Minister was in-charge of the Ministry," Swaraj said while addressing Delhi BJP workers` conference here.
She said the scam was directly linked to Congress, "as even the Minister of State of this (Coal) Ministry was from Congress and the Cabinet Minister was the Prime Minister himself."
Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley accused UPA of being a "rogue government" which does not allow CBI to function independently and demanded constitution of a special investigation team.
He also charged the government with "interference in the administration of justice" by not allowing CBI to acquaint the apex court with the full truth.
Swaraj alleged Congress had held its allies responsible for other scams, like Raja was held responsible for 2G spectrum scam, Praful Patel for buying of planes for Air India and Sharad Pawar for inflation.
"So, they can`t take this risk of submitting the CBI report to the Supreme Court. The CBI report was submitted only after Law Minister saw it and toned it down," she said.
The BJP Leader termed it as a "very serious matter" and said it is also a proof that government had changed the report in order to save the Prime Minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed