BJP to raise Coalgate, Vadra issues in extended Parliament session
Bangalore: BJP would raise the issues of Coalgate and alleged land scam involving Robert Vadra in a "big way" during the extended Monsoon Parliamentary Session, party General Secretary Ananth Kumar said on Saturday.
"The party, in a very big way, will raise the issues of Coalgate and Robert Vadra land scam in both houses (of Parliament)," he told reporters here.
BJP would demand a statement from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, instead of Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal, in Parliament on "coalgate" since the Supreme Court has taken serious cognisance of the missing files and feels it is a ploy to cover up the crime, Kumar said.
Kumar alleged that Vadra has been alloted big chunks of land in Rajasthan and Haryana at throw-away prices in complete violation of rules. "Why is the mother-in-law (Sonia Gandhi) and brother-in-law (Rahul Gandhi) to Vadra maintaining a conspicuous silence on this issue?" Kumar asked.
Blaming the Prime Minister and Finance Minister P Chidambaram for slowdown in the Indian economy, Kumar said Manmohan Singh was running away from the grim situation.
"The Rupee is falling and GDP growth rate plummeted to 4.4 per cent. We expected 5.6 per cent," he added.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Watch: Akshay Kumar's impressive martial arts session with IPS officers!
- Vinod Kambli defends Salman Khan, advises Gautam Gambhir not to 'become so gam'
- Philippines` Aquino vows to `neutralise` Abu Sayyaf kidnappers
- JEE Main Result 2016 declared; check on cbseresults.nic.in, jeemain.nic.in
- Archery World Cup: Deepika Kumari equals world record in recurve event