BJP to raise special status demand for Bihar in parliament
Patna: BJP MPs will mount pressure on the
centre to grant special status to Bihar, party`s national
spokesman Syed Shahanwaz Hussain said on Saturday.
"I and NDA convener Sharad Yadav have been raising the
special status demand for Bihar in Parliament for the past
many years, but have not achieved the desired results," BJP
Hussain told reporters here.
However, if the Centre did not concede the `rightful`
demand of the people of Bihar, "we may launch a full-throttled
noise on the issue in the Parliament as we have been pursuing
issues like corruption, black money and price rise," he said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has been ranting over the
special status for Bihar ever since the NDA was elected to
power in the state in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information