BJP to seek donations from Rs 10 to Rs 1,000 for Lok Sabha polls
New Delhi: `One vote, one note`.
This is the new slogan for BJP as it attempts to deepen its connect with voters ahead of Lok Sabha elections, apparently taking a leaf out of Aam Aadmi Party`s strategy.
Under the slogan, BJP workers will approach people to seek donations ranging from Rs 10 to Rs 1,000.
Announcing the decision after a meeting of party leaders, including Prime Ministerial-candidate Narendra Modi, BJP General Secretary Ananth Kumar said the collection will be done by workers at booth-level.
The party hopes Modi`s appeal will drive people to donate for it as it readies to fight polls with `Modi for PM` slogan.
Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party is understood to have employed a similar strategy at local level during the recent assembly polls in Delhi.
The AAP strategy was to make the voters stake-holders in its campaign and it apparently helped the debutant in getting the stunning result of 28 out of 70 seats.
Kumar announced the decision following a meeting of chief ministers of five BJP-ruled states and its Parliamentary Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...