BJP to serve legal notice to Cong spokesman in Adarsh scam
New Delhi: BJP on Friday said it would serve a
legal notice against Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari for
alleging that Nitin Gadkari had acquired flats through proxy
in the controversial Adarsh Housing Society in Mumbai.
"As we had said earlier, Manish Tewari should apologise.
He had alleged that Gadkari had taken flat in Adarsh Housing
Society through proxy. That was false. Present proof or
apologise as otherwise we will take legal action. Today, we
are serving notice," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Party sources said the legal notice alleging defamation
of Gadkari will be issued by the party against Tewari.
The party is said to be mulling filing of cases against
Tewari in different parts of the country through its district
units, according to sources.
Tewari had alleged the driver of Ajay Sancheti, a close
associate of Gadkari and a BJP national executive member, had
got a recommendation letter from the party President which
helped him own a flat in Adarsh Housing Society.
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest
- China, Russia rap US missile defence plan in S Korea
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti