BJP to shape up as an alternative in 2014: Sushma
Mumbai: Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj on Wednesday said the two-day national executive meet beginning here on Thursday will discuss the strategy of the party to prepare itself as a viable alternative in the 2014 general elections.
Addressing party workers on her arrival at the airport, Sushma said the UPA which completed three years of its second term has miserably failed on all fronts.
"The end of budget session, third anniversary of the UPA 2 and the national executive of the BJP in Mumbai this week are not just ordinary coincidences," she said.
"Congress ja rahi hai..Bjp aa rahi hai (Congress is going, BJP is coming)," she said.
BJP`s national spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad asked party workers to maintain the tempo of enthusiasm till 2014 elections. "The lotus (BJP) will rule at the Centre and the Sena-BJP alliance will rule Maharashtra in 2014," he said, adding that winds of change are flowing in the country.
Former UP Chief Minister Rajnath Singh asked the media not to speculate on whether Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will attend the two day meet. "Wait till tommorrow," he added.
Meanwhile, Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan, senior party leader Murli Manohar Joshi, Jaswant Singh, Maneka Gandhi and S S Ahluwalia were prominent among the national executive members who arrived today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America