BJP to take a call on ending JPC boycott
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) plans to end its long stretched boycott of Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) meetings and reports suggest that its leaders could attend the 2G scam probe on November 08. They are once again likely to press their demand of having Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidamabaram as witnesses.
BJP representatives - Yashwant Sinha, Jaswant Singh, Ravi Shankar Prasad and Dharmendra Prasad - have abstained from attending JPC meetings in the past to protest against JPC chairperson PC Chacko`s `partisan` behaviour over witnesses in the matter.
Chacko, they say, has been stonewalling their demand. He hasn`t discussed a list of witnesses with the committee yet, and Times of India in a report suggested that BJP leaders were likely to take a call in this regard after his response.
BJP`s interests and image have take a beating in the matter because by abstaining from the meetings it is also missing out on questioning key witnesses. The report added that the BJP could`ve hurt its case by not questioning RBI Governor D Subbarao (finance secretary in UPA I) and former cabinet secretary KM Chandrasekhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'