BJP to take strong action against Swiss bank deposits
Jamshedpur: BJP would take strong action against "huge" black money deposited in Swiss banks, party National president Nitin Gadkari on Friday said.
The issues of black money and series of scams including 2G spectrum, CWG etc had created an atmosphere in favour of BJP, "which will take a strong action against the defaulters, if voted to power", Gadkari, who made an unscheduled landing here following bad weather condition in Purulia in adjoining West Bengal to campaign for the party in the ensuing Assembly Election, said here.
Lakhs of crores were involved in these scams and black money but the Congress-led UPA government was reluctant to take action against the culprits on the pretext of national interest, Gadkari told newsmen during his brief halt at the Sonari Aerodrum.
The BJP president said several countries have ratified to bring back the black money from Swiss Banks but the Congress government was yet to take a concrete action in this regard.
Gadkari said a strong resentment was prevailing among the general masses over these scams and black money and this was the reason that the recent Anna Hazare organised dharna at Jantar Mantar in Delhi drew massive support across the country.
Referring to the development at the Public Account Committee meeting yesterday, he said the real character of Congress was exposed.
Asked about the political turmoil in Jharkhand over the eviction drive leading in the death of four persons in Dhanbad recently, Gadkari said Arjun Munda-led government was following the Jharkhand High Court directive and there was no contradiction within BJP on this issue.
Claiming that performance of Munda-government was good, Gadkari gave a clean chit to the state government, saying there was no threat to it.
"I have been keeping an eye on the GDP, agriculture growth rate as well as per capita income of the people of Jharkhand and I am happy that Munda government is performing well", he said.
Gadkari expressed hope that Jharkhand would catch up the growth rate of developed states of the country in the coming days.
BJP president suggested Congress not to politicise the eviction drive.
In fact, Congress has lost its ground in Jharkhand and picked up path of agitations in desperation, he alleged.
Gadkari, who made an unscheduled landing here, was to address press conference at 5.30 PM but left for Mumbai via Ranchi after the weather was clear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Sachin Saga: Tendulkar set to appear in world of digital gaming
- I share a good rapport with team members: Anil Kumble
- Sonia to flag off bus yatra to UP on July 23
- MS Dhoni to mentor talent with Craig McDermott's cricket academy in Australia
- Gujarat Dalit flogging incident: Four police officials suspended, says Rajnath Singh