BJP top brass to meet for Lok Sabha poll strategy
New Delhi: Bouyed by its good performance in recent assembly elections in four states, BJP will hold a meeting here tomorrow of its Chief Ministers, Parliamentary Board, state units presidents and other office-bearers to prepare a strategy for its campaign for the Lok Sabha polls.
Aimed at making the BJP election campaign more "aggressive and effective", the meetings, to be held tomorrow, will be a prelude to the party`s Council and Executive conclave scheduled for January, party sources said on Monday.
The party top brass will discuss how BJP can reach out to voters from all sections and age groups through traditional ways of campaigning as well as effective use of social media, rallies and workshops.
"The public rallies of our Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi have been a success in several places. There are plans to hold more rallies than were planned earlier. Such rallies of Modi will be held till February and then the party will get into election mode when some of our leaders will address upto three-four rallies daily," a party leader said.
The party will also chalk out plans for setting up war rooms in all states in its meeting tomorrow.
The top leaders are of the view that state-specific issues should also be incorporated in BJP manifesto and the campaign for the Lok Sabha polls due in 2014.
Some members- including Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, General Secretary (Organisation) Ram Lal and Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi- of the Election Campaign Committee held an informal meeting today to discuss the issues.
The 20 sub-committees under it will hold detailed deliberations tomorrow and give their feedback on the issues they are dealing with.
BJP`s Parliamentary Board, the party`s highest decision-making body, will felicitate tomorrow the Chief Ministers of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan where the party got a clear majority. This will be followed by a strategy session with all BJP Chief Ministers and the Board members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing