BJP top brass to meet for Lok Sabha poll strategy
New Delhi: Bouyed by its good performance in recent assembly elections in four states, BJP will hold a meeting here tomorrow of its Chief Ministers, Parliamentary Board, state units presidents and other office-bearers to prepare a strategy for its campaign for the Lok Sabha polls.
Aimed at making the BJP election campaign more "aggressive and effective", the meetings, to be held tomorrow, will be a prelude to the party`s Council and Executive conclave scheduled for January, party sources said on Monday.
The party top brass will discuss how BJP can reach out to voters from all sections and age groups through traditional ways of campaigning as well as effective use of social media, rallies and workshops.
"The public rallies of our Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi have been a success in several places. There are plans to hold more rallies than were planned earlier. Such rallies of Modi will be held till February and then the party will get into election mode when some of our leaders will address upto three-four rallies daily," a party leader said.
The party will also chalk out plans for setting up war rooms in all states in its meeting tomorrow.
The top leaders are of the view that state-specific issues should also be incorporated in BJP manifesto and the campaign for the Lok Sabha polls due in 2014.
Some members- including Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, General Secretary (Organisation) Ram Lal and Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi- of the Election Campaign Committee held an informal meeting today to discuss the issues.
The 20 sub-committees under it will hold detailed deliberations tomorrow and give their feedback on the issues they are dealing with.
BJP`s Parliamentary Board, the party`s highest decision-making body, will felicitate tomorrow the Chief Ministers of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan where the party got a clear majority. This will be followed by a strategy session with all BJP Chief Ministers and the Board members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees