BJP trashes clean chit to Vadra in Haryana probe
New Delhi: Describing the clean chit given to Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra by Haryana government as a "self-certification", BJP on Friday said there was no reason to believe in the findings of the probe by state authorities.
It also demanded a fair inquiry into Vadra`s claim that he had received an overdraft of Rs 7.94 crore from Corporation Bank which the latter has denied.
"The clean-chit given by the Haryana government to Robert Vadra in the land deals is a self-certification.
"What else can they do? They are the accused, the investigators and the ones giving the clean chit. But in the case of Rs 7.5 crore overdraft from Corporation Bank which Vadra, his mother and his CA have claimed should be investigated," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Speaking in Kanpur, party leader Rajnath Singh said, "You are talking about the Deputy Commissioners of the Government. Now if the allotment has been done by them only, how can say that it is wrong. So I feel that that there is no reason to believe in it."
Singh demanded an impartial inquiry in the land deals monitored by Supreme Court.
"I believe that truth will come out only if an impartial inquiry under Supreme Court is done in such cases," the former BJP president told reporters.
The Opposition sought to know why the Finance Ministry, the Income Tax department, the Enforcement Directorate and other officials are silent on the Corporation Bank issue.
"Vadra cannot lie, and his CA can definitely cannot lie. So that would mean the Bank is lying. BJP wants to know where this Rs 7.5 Cr came from," Javadekar said.
"A national bank has said it had not issued this overdraft. This Rs 7.50 crore, plus Rs 50 Lakh were converted into Rs 58 crore later," Javadekar said, referring to the money reportedly invested by Vadra in DLF and the return he got.
"So who is lying in this case? Why is the Corporate Affairs Ministry silent on this issue? Why is it not probing this matter?" Javadekar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know