BJP trashes UPA-II report
New Delhi: BJP on Monday dismissed the 118-page
report of the UPA-II government marking the completion of its
two years in power, saying it was not even worth the paper it
was written on as the government had failed to fulfill its
promises on checking price rise and corruption.
"Though the UPA alliance is celebrating two years of
being in power, there is no enthusiasm among the people and
they have no interest in remembering it. There is no vision or
mission but only commission in this government," BJP
spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj was
equally critical of the report released by the government.
"Price rise, corruption and incompetence are the USPs of
UPA government. The report card deserves only one remark
`failed`," Swaraj said on Twitter.
Javadekar insisted that the last two years have been like
an ordeal for the people.
"We dismiss their long 118-page report card. It is not
worth reading. This is a total waste of the paper on which it
was printed," Javadekar said.
The BJP maintained that the government should have come
out with a report on the promises it had fulfilled but it had
nothing to offer on this front.
Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley had
yesterday said UPA-II had been a "nightmare" and alleged that
the credibility of this government had hit "rock-bottom".
He stated that Time magazine had listed the 2G spectrum
scam as the second biggest scam of all time, after the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP