BJP trying to communalise politics: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Accusing the BJP of attempting to communalise politics in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections, Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Sunday asked non-BJP ruled states, including Bihar led by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, to be careful.
"I saw Ravishankar Prasad saying that probably Pune Bakery blasts culprits were also doing recee (of the Bodhgaya temple site). This is the kind of politics of hate and communalism in which the BJP specialises in.
"For god`s sake, please let the investigation be completed and please do not communalise each act of terrorism... The BJP and the Sangh want to communalise politics in India again in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections," the Congress leader alleged.
He was reacting to the BJP leader`s statement after the Mahabodhi temple blasts that there were media reports about intelligence briefs on the people behind the Pune German bakery blast having also recceed the temple site.
"The non-BJP ruled states must be careful and more so, Mr Nitish Kumar should be more careful," Singh told reporters here.
The advise by the Congress leader to the Bihar Chief Minister comes at a time when the BJP and the JD(U) have ended their 17-year-old alliance recently.
Attacking the Centre and the state government for failing to prevent the blasts in Mahabodhi temple, Prasad in the morning said, "We were told that there were repeated intelligence briefs including those involved in the German bakery case. The media is repeating that they (the perpetrators in the bakery case) had done reccee of temple at Bodh Gaya."
"There were warnings but no precaution was taken. Law and order is a state subject but it is a lapse in which the state and the Government of India will have to share responsibility and accountability," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31