‘BJP trying to grab power through cheap politics’
New Delhi: Buoyed by the dismissal of case
against P Chidambaram on 2G issue by a Delhi court, Congress
Monday stepped up attack on BJP accusing it of trying to grab
power by attempting to destabilise government through its
Party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi also came down
heavily on the Opposition party for attacking the judge, who
dismissed the petition against the Home Minister on Saturday.
"Their behaviour is irresponsible. BJP has once again
claimed champion status and clear winner status in the league
of irresponsible parties. They are on the top of the list of
those who put cheap politics and sensationalism above national
interest and public interest," party spokesperson Abhishek
Singhvi told reporters here.
Accusing the BJP and its allies of "shouting from the
roof tops" day in and day out about the Home Minister and
frequently about Prime Minister as well, he said neither BJP
nor Subramanian Swamy produced one shred of evidence against
the Home Minister.
"They produced not one piece of paper regarding the Prime
Minister.....yet they launched and strongly supported criminal
prosecution, criminal proceedings (against Chidambaram). They
attempted to grab power by creating instability," he said.
Noting that Saturday`s judgment has clearly and
categorically said Chidambaram is not in any manner liable,
Singhvi said BJP is the party that does not have the grace to
say sorry or to apologize.
"It does not even have the courage to accept its mistake.
Instead they act with sour grapes. They are the poor losers.
They attack the Judge. They have attacked the Judge repeatedly
including Swamy and several BJP leaders," he said
Singhvi said since the BJP cannot come to power through
elections, they are trying to create instability by fanning
sensationalism to seize power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter