BJP undermining constitutional bodies: Congress
New Delhi: Amid Opposition demands for
the resignation of Chief Vigilance Commissioner P J Thomas,
Congress on Saturday attacked BJP accusing it of constantly
undermining constitutional bodies in the country.
"The issue is in the Supreme Court. But we should also
pay attention to one point. The opposition, especially BJP,
has consistently been attacking constitutional institutions
and trying to bring their functioning under doubts. If
constitutional institutions are weakened, it weakens our
democratic values," party spokesperson Mohan Prakash said.
A senior party leader recalled that BJP had launched
similar attacks on former Chief Election Commissioners Naveen
Chawla and J M Lyngdoh.
"CPI-M and BJP have no right to attack CVC P J Thomas,
who was made Chief Secretary in Kerala even while the
chargesheet against him was existing. A number of governments
led by other parties also came to the Centre since then. But
why nobody tried to begin the trial in the case?", a senior
party leader said on condition of anonymity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say