BJP uses Beni`s attack on Mulayam to target Congress
New Delhi: In wake of the derogatory remarks made by the Union Steel Minister against Mulayam Singh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party (SP), the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday alleged that the Congress party`s fate can easily be determined when its leaders like Beni Prasad Verma attempt to be elections experts.
"The fate of the Congress party can easily be determined when its leaders like Beni Prasad Verma attempt to be elections experts," said BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
The Samajwadi Party (SP) earlier in the day hit back at Verma, saying the Union Steel Minister held a grudge against the party for two successive defeats of his son Rakesh in the Assembly polls.
"Verma is a senior person. He had been associated with SP for a long time. We understand his grudge against the party as his son has lost twice to SP candidates (in Assembly polls). We also know he (Verma) lost the Assembly poll from Ayodhya and managed only 400 votes," said Samajwadi Party general secretary and national spokesperson Ram Gopal Yadav.
Another Samajwadi Party general secretary Ram Asrey Kushwaha said that it was ``unfortunate`` that a person like him was made a minister, and demanded his immediate removal from the government. "I think the media should also not take Beni Prasad Verma`s statements into consideration. I request the Prime Minister of India and Sonia Gandhi (Congress president) to remove him from his post. I think it is highly unfortunate that Verma, being a Cabinet Minister can issue such statements," he told the media in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest