BJP "victory" a "homage" to JP: Gadkari
New Delhi: Even as other parties questioned
the manner in which Karnataka government won the trust vote,
BJP today said the "victory" was "an homage" to socialist
leader Jaiprakash Narain on his birthday and alleged Congress,
JD(S) and the Governor had acted in an unconstitutionally.
"Fortunately, today is the birth anniversary of
Jaiprakash Narayan, the protector of democracy and socialism.
On this auspicious occasion, the victory of BJP in Karnataka
with full majority is the victory of democracy and a true
homage to JP. In fact, it is the victory of democracy," party
president Nitin Gadkari said in a statement.
He maintained that the BJP government had won the vote
of confidence despite "partisan and unconstitutional attitude"
of Congress and JD(S).
Gadkari claimed BJP had proved that any undemocratic
step taken against the "democratically elected government"
would meet the same fate.
Hailing the victory in the assembly, he questioned the
"manner in which Congress and JD(S) used money-power and
muscle-power for horse-trading of MLAs in Karnataka and tried
to pull down the BJP government".
He condemned Governor H R Bhardwaj for his role before
and after the Trust Vote.
"The unconstitutional attitude adopted by the Governor
on the say of central government was totally wrong. The
Governor put pressure on the Vidhan Sabha speaker K G Bopaiah
and advised him not to disqualify any MLA before the
confidence vote and said the Governor`s decision would be
final in the event of any change in the number," Gadkari said.
The senior leader expressed the hope that the central
government would take a "strong lesson" from Karnataka and not
adopt any "undemocratic" method to destabilize the government
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks