BJP "victory" a "homage" to JP: Gadkari
New Delhi: Even as other parties questioned
the manner in which Karnataka government won the trust vote,
BJP today said the "victory" was "an homage" to socialist
leader Jaiprakash Narain on his birthday and alleged Congress,
JD(S) and the Governor had acted in an unconstitutionally.
"Fortunately, today is the birth anniversary of
Jaiprakash Narayan, the protector of democracy and socialism.
On this auspicious occasion, the victory of BJP in Karnataka
with full majority is the victory of democracy and a true
homage to JP. In fact, it is the victory of democracy," party
president Nitin Gadkari said in a statement.
He maintained that the BJP government had won the vote
of confidence despite "partisan and unconstitutional attitude"
of Congress and JD(S).
Gadkari claimed BJP had proved that any undemocratic
step taken against the "democratically elected government"
would meet the same fate.
Hailing the victory in the assembly, he questioned the
"manner in which Congress and JD(S) used money-power and
muscle-power for horse-trading of MLAs in Karnataka and tried
to pull down the BJP government".
He condemned Governor H R Bhardwaj for his role before
and after the Trust Vote.
"The unconstitutional attitude adopted by the Governor
on the say of central government was totally wrong. The
Governor put pressure on the Vidhan Sabha speaker K G Bopaiah
and advised him not to disqualify any MLA before the
confidence vote and said the Governor`s decision would be
final in the event of any change in the number," Gadkari said.
The senior leader expressed the hope that the central
government would take a "strong lesson" from Karnataka and not
adopt any "undemocratic" method to destabilize the government
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Summer Olympic 2016: Maria Sharapova awaiting CAS approval for Rio participation
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma team up with India's first transgender band
- Matt Damon is back, check out terrific 'Jason Bourne' poster!
- '4 am airport spotting', Neha Dhupia slays in Sepia!-- See pic
- Chinese President Xi Jinping urges caution over US missile deployment in South Korea