BJP violating poll campaign ethics: Manish Tewari
Panaji: Accusing BJP of violating poll campaign ethics, Congress on Wednesday said the party is issuing baseless statements as it is unable to digest criticism.
The main Opposition party has not been able to digest any criticism against them and have been making baseless statements against the party (Congress) for last one month, Congress spokesman Manish Tewari said here.
"This is a unique irony. Before giving us advice they should introspect themselves. They have been making statements against us for last one month violating the election campaign ethics," Tewari said.
When Congress retaliates, they are not able to take that criticism, he pointed out.
"They get pinched when a statement comes from our side.
When the shoe is on other foot then unfortunately it bites," he said.
"The most important thing is that the kind of campaigning they are doing is highly condemnable," he said responding to a volley of questions on the verbal duel between Congress and BJP.
To a media query on BJP prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi`s repeated references to Rahul Gandhi as "shahzada" (prince), Tewari said it`s an irony that BJP can call him `Shahzada` every time, but when Congress refers to him as "Sahabzada", they object to it.
"When you call him `Shahzada`, you are `raseela` (juicy) and if we call (him) `Sahabzada` then `hamara character dheela` (our character is loose)," he quipped.
When asked about Congress leader Digvijay Singh`s reported comments about Modi calling him "chor", Tewari said that "if BJP has anything to clarify on that they have the right to ask him (Digvijay)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir