BJP virtually `admits` to change of guard
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday virtually admitted to the change of guard in the party with the elevation of Narendra Modi as chairman of the election campaign committee.
"When there is a change of guard, and in this case as per our tradition, we have sorted out issues in a very proper manner," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi told reporters.
She, however, retracted soon afterwards saying she was referring to the change of guard in JD(U).
"I am not saying that," she said when asked if her reference was to the change of guard in BJP and added "I used the phrase in respect of JD(U).
This is the first time anyone in the BJP has admitted to the change of guard in the party.
On the allegations of disrespect shown to L K Advani by not evolving a consensus on Modi`s elevation as the party`s poll campaign committee head, she said "whenever there are ifferences of opinion, one does not become one`s enemy. Difference of opinion is different from not respecting anybody. Differences of opinion does not mean disrespect to some one."
Taking on Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar that some BJP leaders were "communal", the BJP spokesperson said "in our party, there is no leader or Chief Minister who is communal. All are secular. It seems Nitish Kumar is hallucinating."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!