BJP virtually `admits` to change of guard
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday virtually admitted to the change of guard in the party with the elevation of Narendra Modi as chairman of the election campaign committee.
"When there is a change of guard, and in this case as per our tradition, we have sorted out issues in a very proper manner," BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi told reporters.
She, however, retracted soon afterwards saying she was referring to the change of guard in JD(U).
"I am not saying that," she said when asked if her reference was to the change of guard in BJP and added "I used the phrase in respect of JD(U).
This is the first time anyone in the BJP has admitted to the change of guard in the party.
On the allegations of disrespect shown to L K Advani by not evolving a consensus on Modi`s elevation as the party`s poll campaign committee head, she said "whenever there are ifferences of opinion, one does not become one`s enemy. Difference of opinion is different from not respecting anybody. Differences of opinion does not mean disrespect to some one."
Taking on Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar that some BJP leaders were "communal", the BJP spokesperson said "in our party, there is no leader or Chief Minister who is communal. All are secular. It seems Nitish Kumar is hallucinating."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!