BJP wants Bansal to resign from Lok Sabha seat
Chandigarh: BJP on Sunday asked former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal to resign from membership of Lok Sabha from Chandigarh, claiming he had "lost confidence" of his voters after CBI arrested his nephew in a bribery case.
"Pawan Bansal should resign from the membership of Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat as he has lost confidence of the general public of Chandigarh (after his nephew`s arrest)," said Sanjay Tandon, President BJP, Chandigarh, Sanjay Tandon said here.
Meanwhile, Ex-Servicemen Cell and Doctors Cell of BJP, Chandigarh, also held a protest against Bansal here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand