BJP wants Bansal to resign from Lok Sabha seat
Chandigarh: BJP on Sunday asked former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal to resign from membership of Lok Sabha from Chandigarh, claiming he had "lost confidence" of his voters after CBI arrested his nephew in a bribery case.
"Pawan Bansal should resign from the membership of Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat as he has lost confidence of the general public of Chandigarh (after his nephew`s arrest)," said Sanjay Tandon, President BJP, Chandigarh, Sanjay Tandon said here.
Meanwhile, Ex-Servicemen Cell and Doctors Cell of BJP, Chandigarh, also held a protest against Bansal here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees