BJP wants Bansal to resign from Lok Sabha seat
Chandigarh: BJP on Sunday asked former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal to resign from membership of Lok Sabha from Chandigarh, claiming he had "lost confidence" of his voters after CBI arrested his nephew in a bribery case.
"Pawan Bansal should resign from the membership of Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat as he has lost confidence of the general public of Chandigarh (after his nephew`s arrest)," said Sanjay Tandon, President BJP, Chandigarh, Sanjay Tandon said here.
Meanwhile, Ex-Servicemen Cell and Doctors Cell of BJP, Chandigarh, also held a protest against Bansal here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened