BJP wants Bansal to resign from Lok Sabha seat
Chandigarh: BJP on Sunday asked former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal to resign from membership of Lok Sabha from Chandigarh, claiming he had "lost confidence" of his voters after CBI arrested his nephew in a bribery case.
"Pawan Bansal should resign from the membership of Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat as he has lost confidence of the general public of Chandigarh (after his nephew`s arrest)," said Sanjay Tandon, President BJP, Chandigarh, Sanjay Tandon said here.
Meanwhile, Ex-Servicemen Cell and Doctors Cell of BJP, Chandigarh, also held a protest against Bansal here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference