BJP wants EC to act on `sponsored` Cobrapost Babri sting
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A sting operation by Cobrapost has claimed that the demolition of Babri Masjid was not a spontaneous act by Kar Sevaks in frenzy but was planned well in advance with top leaders of the BJP, Shiv Sena, the larger Sangh Parivar and some Congress leaders in the know.
Cobrapost claimed that the sting was carried out by a reporter who travelled across the country posing as the author of the Ayodhya movement and interviewed 23 persons who played a key role in the movement. The sting said `Operation Janambhoomi` was planned in great detail to demolish the Babri mosque on 6 December 1992.
Uma Bharti, Vinay Katiyar, Kalyan Singh, Champat Rai, Sadhavi Ritambhara, Jai Bhagwan Goel,Mahant Avaidyanath are among those who were interviewed.
The BJP has cried foul over the sting operation and questioned its timing as the first phase of voting in Lok Sabha polls is due in two days.
The party said that the sting operation is a sponsored one aimed and vitiating the poll atmosphere in the country.
Party leader Mukhtar Abbaz Naqvi alleged that the sting was a Congress conspiracy to vitiate the atmosphere ahead of the polls.
The BJP has approached the Ealection Comission over the issue and has demanded that the broadcast of the Cobrapost sting be stopped.
The sting claimed:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued