BJP wants EC to act on `sponsored` Cobrapost Babri sting
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A sting operation by Cobrapost has claimed that the demolition of Babri Masjid was not a spontaneous act by Kar Sevaks in frenzy but was planned well in advance with top leaders of the BJP, Shiv Sena, the larger Sangh Parivar and some Congress leaders in the know.
Cobrapost claimed that the sting was carried out by a reporter who travelled across the country posing as the author of the Ayodhya movement and interviewed 23 persons who played a key role in the movement. The sting said `Operation Janambhoomi` was planned in great detail to demolish the Babri mosque on 6 December 1992.
Uma Bharti, Vinay Katiyar, Kalyan Singh, Champat Rai, Sadhavi Ritambhara, Jai Bhagwan Goel,Mahant Avaidyanath are among those who were interviewed.
The BJP has cried foul over the sting operation and questioned its timing as the first phase of voting in Lok Sabha polls is due in two days.
The party said that the sting operation is a sponsored one aimed and vitiating the poll atmosphere in the country.
Party leader Mukhtar Abbaz Naqvi alleged that the sting was a Congress conspiracy to vitiate the atmosphere ahead of the polls.
The BJP has approached the Ealection Comission over the issue and has demanded that the broadcast of the Cobrapost sting be stopped.
The sting claimed:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’