BJP wants govt to go and fresh polls be held
New Delhi: As Parliament remained disrupted for the second day in the wake of CAG report on coal block allocation, BJP on Wednesday said the government should go and fresh elections be held in the country.
"We will not allow the loot of the country any more. This government should go and fresh elections should be held in the country," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked whether BJP does not want discussion in Parliament on CAG reports, he said, "It is diversionary tactics of Congress. Congress has no respect for PAC or any constitutional mechanism. The way they scuttled the PAC report only testifies this. So we are not buying their argument of sending the reports to PAC."
Javadekar said, "Congress has lost the trust of the people so we cannot allow it to prolong the loot regime. Our fight is against the organised loot."
On whether BJP would continue to disrupt Parliament, he said, "We are not disrupting the House. It is the Congress regime which is doing it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack