BJP wants govt to go and fresh polls be held
New Delhi: As Parliament remained disrupted for the second day in the wake of CAG report on coal block allocation, BJP on Wednesday said the government should go and fresh elections be held in the country.
"We will not allow the loot of the country any more. This government should go and fresh elections should be held in the country," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked whether BJP does not want discussion in Parliament on CAG reports, he said, "It is diversionary tactics of Congress. Congress has no respect for PAC or any constitutional mechanism. The way they scuttled the PAC report only testifies this. So we are not buying their argument of sending the reports to PAC."
Javadekar said, "Congress has lost the trust of the people so we cannot allow it to prolong the loot regime. Our fight is against the organised loot."
On whether BJP would continue to disrupt Parliament, he said, "We are not disrupting the House. It is the Congress regime which is doing it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?