BJP wants govt to go and fresh polls be held
New Delhi: As Parliament remained disrupted for the second day in the wake of CAG report on coal block allocation, BJP on Wednesday said the government should go and fresh elections be held in the country.
"We will not allow the loot of the country any more. This government should go and fresh elections should be held in the country," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters outside Parliament House.
Asked whether BJP does not want discussion in Parliament on CAG reports, he said, "It is diversionary tactics of Congress. Congress has no respect for PAC or any constitutional mechanism. The way they scuttled the PAC report only testifies this. So we are not buying their argument of sending the reports to PAC."
Javadekar said, "Congress has lost the trust of the people so we cannot allow it to prolong the loot regime. Our fight is against the organised loot."
On whether BJP would continue to disrupt Parliament, he said, "We are not disrupting the House. It is the Congress regime which is doing it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday