BJP wants Govt to seek explanation from German envoy
New Delhi: BJP Sunday supported Gujarat
Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s demand for an apology from a
German delegation which had reportedly criticised him and
insisted that the government seek a clarification from German
ambassador on the issue.
"BJP demands that the Prime Minister should take the
letter written by Modi seriously and act on it by seeking an
explanation from German ambassador and asking him to apologise
on the remarks of the delegation against the Chief Minister,"
party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters.
Modi had Saturday written a letter to Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh demanding that a visiting parliamentary
delegation from Germany should apologise for allegedly having
tarnished the image of a democratically elected chief
Members of Christian Democratic Union (CDU) of ruling
coalition of Germany, who had visited the state to
study the status of minorities early this week, reportedly
justified the European Union`s decision of not granting visa
"The delegation was in Gujarat for just over a day and
met a selected few people and gave a judgment on the
constitutional authority chosen by the people," Sitharaman
Modi demanded that either the delegation members
apologise or issue a clarification if they have not made any
such statement to the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India