BJP wants implementation of `Gujarat model` in country: Karat
Ranchi: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Sunday alleged the BJP could never be the alternative to the Congress for the 2014 elections as the saffron party wants to take forward the "models" of 2002 Gujarat riots and pro-American policies.
"The BJP says that it is the alternative of the Congress, which is untrue, because it will implement the `Gujarat model`, carrying forward pro-American policies (and) 2002 communal riots, which were state-sponsored.
On economic policies, Karat further alleged, the BJP was no different from the Congress.
"The BJP had supported a bill in Parliament allowing the big industrialists to open banks and the RBI," Karat said.
Every government since 1991 had followed the liberalisation policy, helping capitalists and foreign companies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir