BJP wants to know results of PM`s US visit: Joshi
Kolkata: The BJP on Sunday sought to know from
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh if any "tangible result" had
come out from his recent visit to the US in the light of
America`s apparent wish to see India out of Afghanistan.
"We want to know from the Prime Minister what transpired
during his visit to the US and Brazil and whether any tangible
result India has obtained in view of US President Barack
Obama`s policy on Pakistan and Afghanistan which indicates
India has to get out of Afghanistan," Senior BJP leader Murli
Manohar Joshi said.
Holding a news conference at the Press Club here, Joshi
lambasted the Congress-led UPA government for its `failure` in
diplomacy involving Pakistan and Afghanistan.
"Development projects in Afghanistan are essential for
both India and Afghanistan. The US is now talking about good
Taliban and bad Taliban. Taliban is Taliban and we don`t
categorise Taliban this way," Joshi said.
The former Union minister accused the US of supplying
latest versions of sophisticated arms and huge financial aid
to Pakistan causing anxiety in Indian circles.
Past US financial aid to Pakistan had posed a threat to
India, it has been seen, Joshi said.
"Now Pakistan is almost equal to India in armament
stockpiles. It is a failure of India`s diplomacy. The PM
should explain the `achievement` of his recent visit to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH