BJP wants to know results of PM`s US visit: Joshi
Kolkata: The BJP on Sunday sought to know from
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh if any "tangible result" had
come out from his recent visit to the US in the light of
America`s apparent wish to see India out of Afghanistan.
"We want to know from the Prime Minister what transpired
during his visit to the US and Brazil and whether any tangible
result India has obtained in view of US President Barack
Obama`s policy on Pakistan and Afghanistan which indicates
India has to get out of Afghanistan," Senior BJP leader Murli
Manohar Joshi said.
Holding a news conference at the Press Club here, Joshi
lambasted the Congress-led UPA government for its `failure` in
diplomacy involving Pakistan and Afghanistan.
"Development projects in Afghanistan are essential for
both India and Afghanistan. The US is now talking about good
Taliban and bad Taliban. Taliban is Taliban and we don`t
categorise Taliban this way," Joshi said.
The former Union minister accused the US of supplying
latest versions of sophisticated arms and huge financial aid
to Pakistan causing anxiety in Indian circles.
Past US financial aid to Pakistan had posed a threat to
India, it has been seen, Joshi said.
"Now Pakistan is almost equal to India in armament
stockpiles. It is a failure of India`s diplomacy. The PM
should explain the `achievement` of his recent visit to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!