BJP warns `misuse` of CBMs
New Delhi: BJP today welcomed further
opening of Indo-Pakistan trade ties, but cautioned against
misuse of these confidence building measures by some
"undeserving elements" across the border.
"We have always believed that trade with neighbours and
all countries is always the best way forward because trade
is the need of the hour for consumers from all sides. It is
the consumers who will benefit from this," BJP spokesperson
Prakash Javadekar said.
He, however, had a word of caution for Indian
"Government has to be definitely concerned about the
threats and the open channels being used by some undeserving
elements," Javadekar said.
After the recent visit of Pakistan President Asif Ali
Zardari, India has allowed FDI from the neighbouring country.
Asked to elaborate on BJP`s concerns, Javadekar said just
as India is cautious about Chinese exports posing a danger,
products from Pakistan should also be looked at with a degree
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’