BJP warns `misuse` of CBMs
New Delhi: BJP today welcomed further
opening of Indo-Pakistan trade ties, but cautioned against
misuse of these confidence building measures by some
"undeserving elements" across the border.
"We have always believed that trade with neighbours and
all countries is always the best way forward because trade
is the need of the hour for consumers from all sides. It is
the consumers who will benefit from this," BJP spokesperson
Prakash Javadekar said.
He, however, had a word of caution for Indian
"Government has to be definitely concerned about the
threats and the open channels being used by some undeserving
elements," Javadekar said.
After the recent visit of Pakistan President Asif Ali
Zardari, India has allowed FDI from the neighbouring country.
Asked to elaborate on BJP`s concerns, Javadekar said just
as India is cautious about Chinese exports posing a danger,
products from Pakistan should also be looked at with a degree
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH